- Indiana Sports
- Birthday Parties
- Places in Indy
- About & Contact
It is so hot! Record temps, a drought, excessive heat warnings. For some people, staying at home is the best bet but for those of you without air conditioning or if you just plain go stir crazy, here are some options to stay cool. Prices range from free to a few dollars. Please make sure that you call ahead, as some places I suggest will reach capacity since it is so hot.
2. Go Bowling! It’s free for kids all summer!
3. These free splash parks are open to the public and located all over town.
4. Hit the free beach in Fishers. Saxony Beach doesn’t offer much shade but the swimming is free.
5. Take the kids creek stomping for free. Our favorite place is Marott Park in Broadripple .
6. Hang out at the library near your house. Now is the perfect time to get involved in those summer reading programs!
7. Tomorrow night and every Thursday night this summer, your whole family can take advantage of free admission at Skateland. Skate rental is extra or you can bring your own!
8. Often we all forget about ice skating when it’s warm out. Ice skating isn’t just for winter time. Here is a list of Indy area ice rinks. Please call ahead to check on hours, if the rink is open in the summer and if capacity has been reached.
9. Your local pool is a fantastic option but if you are worried about sun exposure and heat, try an indoor pool!