- Indiana Sports
- Birthday Parties
- Places in Indy
- About & Contact
I didn’t have the easiest time eating while I was pregnant. Healthy eating was even more difficult. I had nightmares of my ultrasound showing a big pile of mush or a can of Coca Cola or even worse, a chicken strip. You’ll notice that none of this came true, probably thanks to the healthy foods my parents fed us when we were kids. Luckily there were some nutrients and vitamins for my body to draw on – what an amazing event!
From the beginning I’ve known that I want Lulu to eat healthy, nutrient rich foods. I haven’t been able to purchase all organic foods but when I made my own baby food, I tried to use mostly organic foods. Now that I’m making my own toddler food I’m using some organic but either way I’m trying to get the good stuff in, you know, fruits, veggies, whole grains.
Kids still get the same deal you came for.
Here are some cooking for kids links that might help you be creative with your family meals:
1. I met Amy at Blogher this August and I LOVE her website Super Healthy Kids AND Facebook page. Check out the cool kids plate that she developed.
2. Wholesome Toddler Food is such a great site with awesome ideas! When Lulu was eating baby food, I used the Wholesome Baby Food site and made 100% of her food. I couldn’t make prunes and rice cereal, so scratch that. I made NEARLY 100% of her food.
3. Some more great ideas are here.
4. Nancy is a local Indianapolis chick who loves to coach and guide moms in their nutrition/eating so that their families are healthy which ultimately leads to a happy mom!
4. Cooking for Baby: Wholesome, Homemade, Delicious Foods for 6 to 18 Months ******BEAUTIFUL!!!*****
Check this out too...